Abigail over at 32nd Street is hosting a blog parade. It sounded like fun, so here I go!
1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?
Morning - hands down. I'm the only morning person in my family, and I get the whole place to myself - my quiet times are actually quiet! It's downhill from there though; comatose by 10pm.
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?
Cuban coffee - cafe con leche. Delicioso. One amazing thing I've learned from the culture I married into is that there's nothing better than Cuban food, except the coffee of course. I have to make Cuban coffee for the American and American coffee for the Cuban. It's a little confusing, but soooo worth it.
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?It's a tie. I really, really, REALLY need two. Please?? I would wish my brother hadn't died in that car accidednt and that my husband didn't have cancer - in no particular order.
4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?
Correcting my family's grammar and using big words. I've been called Dictionary Dawn more than once. My mother and father corrected our grammar growing up, so I feel compelled to carry on the tradition, and my kids hate it as much as I used to. I wholeheartedly hope that when they are grown, they will do the honors for their kids, too.
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?Who doesn't love Enchanted?
I'm a true sucker for a sweet, sappy love story and happily every efter, but I'd be the one trying to escape fairyland and get to real life.
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be? Playing the piano. I took lessons for about 3 years, and can play enough to know that I'd really enjoy it if I knew what I was doing.
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
Everywhere, see the whole world. All history and culture. No amusement parks allowed, which means I'd probably have to go without my kids. [Frown]
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
Opera - it's beautiful, emotional and happens before a live audience as opposed to a recording studio. If you can sing opera, you can sing anything. My father-in-law was an opera singer. He could belt out "How Great Thou Art" like nobody's business.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?Steinmart - I never shop - I'm a cheapskate - but I can always find something in there...on second thought, I don't think I'm aiming high enough here....
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
Creation, before the Fall. I would love to see God's original idea of fellowship with man and walk with Him in the cool of the day. Can you imagine what that would be like?!
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
It would be boring, that's what....but if I had to pick, I'd say black. It's classic.
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
Dopey - my husband says I'm smart, but I have no common sense. And if I had any sense I'd agree with him.
13. What's the last album you listened to?
Martina McBride's Greatest Hits, singing in the car at the top of my lungs. Alone, of course. I try not to torture loved ones, only my kids every now and then.
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?
I love roofing - I did it once on a mission trip and had a ball. Being up so high on a roof was a little scary at first. I don't like heights. But popping chalk lines and swinging a hammer with that apron full of nails made me feel like a pioneer woman.